4 March 2013
BritSciFi Gerry Anderson Q&A Line-up
It’s just a few days until BritSciFi3 at the National Space Centre – the entire event is dedicated to the memory of Gerry Anderson, but we’re also pleased to say that a Gerry Anderson Q&A session will be taking place on the Saturday 9th March at around 11.30am (TBC). The BritSciFi Gerry Anderson Q&A line-up is as follows:
- Hosted by Jamie Anderson – Gerry Anderson’s younger son
- Judy Preece a puppeteer on Terrahawks, and many Jim Henson productions
- Mark Woollard – Director of New Captain Scarlet and FX artist who worked on Dick Spanner and Space Precinct
- Richard Gregory – visual and special effects wizard who provided the aliens in Space Precinct, as well as various props and models in Terrahawks
- Pam Rose – appeared in several episodes of Space:1999 as well as the Star Wars film “A New Hope”.
- Phil Ford – the main writer on the New Captain Scarlet, as well as Wizards vs Aliens, the Sarah Jane Adventures and many others
- Marcus Hearn – Gerry Anderson’s official biographer and the man behind the Century 21 books
It’s going to be a pretty unique collection of people who have worked with Gerry Anderson during his career, giving fans an amazing opportunity to gain insight into how it was to work with him, and what is was like to be part of some iconic science fiction shows.
If you can’t make it to BritSciFi (more details here) and still want to ask the Gerry Anderson panel a question, then you can tweet your question with the hashtag #GerryAnderson and Jamie (@ImJamieAnderson) will tweet the answer if your question is asked during the session.
Don’t forget there’s plenty of other exciting things happening on the day, including the amazing Anderson Alley featuring original and replica props… if you can make it down, it’ll be more than worth the trip to the National Space Centre in Leicester.